'Meadow Walk' 11x14 pastel
I forgot to take a 'before' picture of this painting. I did it months ago for a demo and it wasn't a success. But I put it in my pile of paintings that need work and pulled it out yesterday. The original version was divided into two paintings and the foreground was way too busy. I considered cropping it into three squares but instead decided to brush out the foreground and work at connecting the front field with the background. Brushing out the front allowed me to keep it simple. I took out many of the yellow and white flowers and left just the poppies. It's fun to see what you can do with a failed painting!