Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Thursday, October 06, 2011

A Study in Green...Mountain Landscape

'Mountain Road' 8x10 pastel
I have started a new series of paintings that are primarily green. I have chosen some reference photos of landscapes that are very green. This is a color that can be difficult to handle but living here in the Southeast we have a lot of green to deal with. I am exploring ways to make greens more varied and interesting. For this painting done on Canson Moonstone, I put down a layer of orange and red and added the greens last. These complements help make the greens more exciting to look at. I’ve got three ‘green’ paintings finished so far but there is still plenty to learn and explore.

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $125 USD
Or, send me an email

No comments: