Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Virtual Paintout Paintings... Arles, France


I rediscovered the Virtual Paint Out site last month and I've been having fun painting the countryside around Arles France. In case you aren't familiar with it The Virtual Paint Out is a site hosted by artist Bill Guffy. " Virtual paintouts using Google Street View as a resource for traveling the world to find interesting locations and subjects to paint." Artists can post up to three paintings done from the location. The location changes monthly. I thought it would be a fun pastel class to do the Virtual Paint out together using screen shots or our Ipads. Since we are visiting Arles we will also talk about Van Gogh and his landscapes. It is always fun to explore another artist's style so hopefully we will be inspired by the painting style of Van Gogh. These three paintings (all 8x10) are my interpretations of the countryside around Arles. I can't wait for class tomorrow!
Paintings available for $95 each
Specify which one you are interested in.
Or, send me an email

No comments: