Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Look What the Dog Dragged In! The Adventures of Heidi the Studio Dog

'Lavender Skies' 5x7 pastel ©Karen Margulis
Heidi reading the latest issue of Art Collector Magazine
I can't imagine how she got it. I don't even know where she found it but yesterday Heidi came trotting into my studio with this painting hanging out of her mouth. Now you need to know that Heidi is an 11 month old Golden /Lab mix and she loves to shred paper. Any kind of paper. So I was concerned about that painting. She thought she had won the lottery and she looked determined to hang onto her prize. Fortunately she is highly motivated by food so she gladly dropped the painting for some kibbles. It was UArt paper so the little bit of dog drool quickly dried leaving the painting in perfect condition. I still don't know how she got her paws on a painting but I'm glad she found it! It's always an adventure with Heidi around!

The painting is a Lowcountry Marsh scene. I was working on departing from the literal and interpreting a not so exciting photo. I'll be doing more of that this week.

7 comments:

Paula Campbell said...

Love this one, Karen! Purple is my favorite color. :)

Karen said...

Mine too!!! Thanks Paula

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

What beautiful color harmony this painting has. I love it.

Karen said...

Thank you Julie. My favorite colors!

Susannah said...

I get lost in those colors...just beautiful! My Ashley is a lab mix who is also fond of paper. mainly paper towels but we have to watch him with any paper.

Karen said...

Thank you Susannah! I wonder what it is about Labs and paper!

rsbamberg said...

Hi Karen, all of your marsh series are lovely, but this one really makes me stop just a second or two longer to admire it. I think it is the lovely limited, tight palette; those are the paintings that always capture me. Looking forward to this weekend with you.