Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Painting Chicago...My Kind of Town!

'A Night at the Theater' 5x7 pastel ©Karen Margulis original sold, print available here

'Water Tower Place' 5x7 pastel ©Karen Margulis original sold, Prints available here

'Shopping on the Magnificent Mile' 5x7 pastel original sold, Prints available here

I was excited to have the opportunity to paint these small Chicago cityscapes for a new collector. I have painted several variations of these scenes and I always love to revisit them. I especially love painting the city at night. I love simplifying the buildings and crowds and trying to capture a fleeting impression of the excitement of the city. These paintings are all 5x7. The top and bottom paintings are on Canson and the middle is on Wallis. By the way be sure to come back tomorrow for my review of Canson Mi-Teintes paper!

If you would like to consider commissioning a painting of your favorite place, I'd love to discuss your ideas! See more finished commission paintings here.

No comments: