Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Tuesday, June 05, 2012

A Simple Way to Make a Photo Collage...aceo sale

A Collection of Original Pastel Minis  2.5 x 3.5 each
SOLD #12, #25, #5,#14,#18,#22
I like to keep things simple.  Even when dealing with my photos. Since I use my photos a lot for reference material I need a quick and easy way to manage them. I am very happy using the free Picasa program. Oh I have a full version of photoshop and I do use it to crop and resize photos but when I want to quickly adjust and print out a photo I open up my Picasa. One of my favorite features of Picasa is the Collage feature.  I love to use this quick and easy way to display a group of photos. I use it when I want to show a step by step painting demo. I have created collages and had prints made for photo cards.  I have made collages just to see the progress of my work over a period of time. It is so easy to group photos so you can see them all together. Here's how:
  1. You need to have Picasa. (read more about it and download it HERE) Open Picasa and look through your photo library for the photos you want for your collage.
  2. Select the photos and click on the push pin to put them in your holding area.
  3. Click on the 'Create' tab and choose Picture Collage.
  4. You now have choices to make about the type of collage you want....grid, picture pile. You can also add borders, rearrange photos and other effects. Play around with it to see the possibilities.
  5. When you are happy with you collage click on the Create button.  I like to click on export to copy the collage into 'My Pictures' in Windows. This way I have all of my collages in one folder.
aceo 'Beach'  2.5 x 3.5  pastel SOLD

aceo  'Sunflowers'   3.5 x 2.5  pastel SOLD
This month I am offering a collection of 25 new miniature pastel originals for sale.  Each painting measures 2.5 x 3.5 and are a great way to add art to a little space. They look wonderful framed or matted larger. They are available for $15 each or 2 for $25. The shipping is $3 for any number.  If you are interested in adding to your art collection with these originals send me an email and let me know. Number one starts at the top left and goes across. Paypal and checks accepted.  Email me for more information.

2 comments:

France Bessodes said...

Hi, Thanks for sharing your tricks. I was looking for an easy way to do photo collage since a long time.

Karen said...

Thank you Frances!