|'Light Up the Night Sky' 11x14 pastel ©Karen Margulis SOLD|
|My new dust collecting gutter.....a piece of metal flashing|
- It is the perfect size and shape for resting under a drawing board.
- It comes with the front edge already bent so it sits nicely on the easel ledge.
- It is lightweight and stack-able if you want them for more than one easel.
- The slick surface means that pastel dust slides right off into the trash or a collection jar (in case you want to make pastels from your dust)
- She recommends cleaning the gutter with pledge to make it even slicker. The dust just slides right off for cleaning.
- The edges are sharp so I taped mine with artist tape. Another friend recommended coating the edges with rubber paint.
|Here is a closer view of the new dust collecting gutter|