Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, September 02, 2012

Time for Mini Paintings...Sunflowers!

Sunflower Mini Paintings each 2.5 x 3.5  pastel, acrylic and ink
available by auction on Daily Paintworks $12 opening bid 
There is always time for painting minis. I call them minis but they are actually 2.5 x 3.5 inches. If you care familiar with artist trading cards or aces, this is the standard size used.  If you follow my blog then you know I love painting this size.  I usually do them in batches because they go quickly. It is so easy to paint several in a sitting.  And I get to sit when I paint this size!

I painted these sunflowers while watching the Olympics a few weeks ago. I had taken some reference photos at my friends garden so I was inspired to paint sunflowers. I experimented with acrylics for some of them.

'Sunflower I'   2.5 x 3.5   pastel

'Sunflower II'    2.5 x 3.5   acrylic & ink
It is one of my goals to paint at least 10 minis each week. I have my supplies ready and paper cut. I can do these in the evening while watching TV or anytime I have a few spare minutes. Think of them as part of your exercise program....exercising your art muscle and adding to your canvas mileage!

These minis will be available by auction this week on Daily Paintworks. HERE is the link to the auctions.

No comments: