Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Dragonflies and Lavender....Our Day in Albuquerque

 

'When Lavender Blooms'. 5x7. Pastel

We wanted to see dragonflies and lavender today and we saw neither. Well at least not a lot of them. But we had a wonderful day as we always do. We spent the morning at the Albuquerque Bio Park. We were looking forward to the dragonfly sanctuary but they said it was a slow year for dragonflies. We got lots of other photos and they will be helpful for reference.

Then we went to Los Poblanos Inn to see the lavender. It isn't in bloom yet but we enjoyed sitting in the shade and eating local lavender and lemon gelato. Yummmm. I found a picnic table and painted my daily road trip painting. I decided to embellish the lavender fields and make them bloom. I love being an artist!

The view from my picnic table. Lavender was on the right but that wasn't in the shade!

 

This evening is the opening of the IAPs Juried Exhibition and Master Circle Exhibition. I have a painting in the show and can't wait to see all of the work and meet my pastel friends! I'll report tomorrow.

 

No comments: