|'Back to the Marsh' 2.5 x 3.5 pastel ©Karen Margulis|
There has been an explosion of minis in my studio! I am calling these small original pastels 'Petite Pastels'. At 2.5x3.5 inches they are just too much fun to paint. Once I get started I can't stop! I don't have a dedicated space in my studio for these minis. I keep the papers, clear bags and foamcore pieces in a box on a shelf. I use scraps! Whenever I am in the mood to paint small I just take out my box and set up on a table. I like to sit when I paint this small. For pastels, I have a small travel box of assorted pastels that I like to use but really any set will do even colors leftover from the last painting makes for a fun challenge!
What do I do with these little paintings when I am finished? Have a look at the photo below for some ideas for storage and display.
- I put them into clear bags with a foamcore backing and display them on mini easels or boxes.
- I have mats cut with 2.5x3.5 inch openings. They look very important in a 5x7 or 8x10 frame!
- I find ready made frames in 2.5 x 3.5 size. I have found them at Aaron Brothers and even Walmart! They look great in these frames and they are perfect for shelves and tabletops.
- I haven't done this yet but a friend has framed a group of them by floating them in a big frame.
- I tape a group of them on a piece of black foam core for a nice display. These are in the clear bags so they stay protected.
- You can but small greeting cards with openings for them. They wouldn't work with pastel unless you have the pastel in the clearbag.
|Petite Pastels on Display|
These little pastels make great gifts. I am offering the paintings below for $15 each or 2 for $20. Email me if you see any that you'd like. I also have some available in my Etsy shop. Consider the gift of fine art this year!
|A grouping of minis....number one is top left to right.|
|'Funky Chicken' 2.5x3.5 pastel|
click here to purchase $15
|'Marsh Impressions' 2.5x3.5 pastel|