Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Winter Pastel Paintings...YouTube Slide Show

'Winter'        5x7       pastel    ©Karen Margulis.   $50
Art set to music. It is a perfect combination. I am still fairly new to You Tube and discovering the great videos available to artists. So I was happy to find that I could quickly and easily make a slideshow of my paintings and set it to music.

The key for me is that is was Quick, Easy and Free.  What could be better!  It is also very easy to share your slideshow. You Tube provides the link as well as the code to add it to your website and blog.

You need a You Tube account and once signed in click on the Upload button. There you have several choices with one being 'photo slideshow'.  Click 'create' and follow the directions. Very easy!  Have a look at my first try:





Making a video slideshow is a great way to share a collection of your work. I can't believe I waited so long to try it!  I am offering several of the winter landscapes for sale in my Etsy shop.
Here is one of the auction paintings:

'Down a Winter Path'        8x10     pastel


3 comments:

Holly M said...

That was fantastic....lovely video with beautiful work!

robertsloan2art said...

Great slideshow! Where did you get the music? Or is that one of the options you get in creating a photo slideshow on YouTube, selections of music that's not violating copyright? It would be awesome if it is, since I would like to use music in my videos when I get back to making some again.

Love your variety of winter paintings. They all glimmer with such rich and glorious light. I think turquoise has to be one of the must-have basic colors in even the smallest limited palette to do winter scenes though, it's just way too useful and sparkling.

Karen said...

Hi Robert, I actually did this last year and If I remember correctly there was a selection of royalty free music to use. I did find a website that offers good royalty free music www.incompetech.com

Thanks as always for your thoughtful comments!!