Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Blogging From the Road with Blogsy App

'On the Way to Cape May'            8x10         pastel         ©Karen Margulis
click here to purchase $145
 My suitcase will stay packed this Winter it seems.  I am back from Chicago and on the road to South Florida to visit family.   I love being on the road and I love sharing my adventures and paintings on my blog. So I needed to find a way to keep posting!

Now I have two choices to blog from the road that fit my criteria of Low Cost, Low Tech and Low Maintenance:   Blogsy and Blog Go.  I use both of these apps for my Blogger blog.


  • I used the iPad app Blogsy during my month long trip around the Southwest. It worked flawlessly.  It was easy to insert photos where I wanted them in the size I wanted. I could save a post as a draft and publish it when I wanted. It was easy to find the photos I needed on my iPad. It never crashed. Publish time varied depending on my internet connection but I never had to wait too long. After using it for a month I fell it did everything I needed it to and I don't think anyone could see a difference in how my posts looked. I will use it on any trip where I can get wifi with my iPad. (I don't bring my laptop on a trip anymore)

  • What if you don't have wifi available? This happened to me at the Blue Ridge Paintout. I was staying in a place without internet. But my iPhone did have service.  So I found the Blog Go app.  (this app is also for iPad but I don't think it was available when I found Blogsy)  Blog Go worked great as well.  I was able to blog about my plein air experience using photos I took on my phone. I can't wait to upgrade my phone for a better camera though. I didn't have the best photos!  I was happy that the app let me make my photos the same sizes as Blogger allows. I had no issues writing and formatting my text and publishing was fast and easy. 

 I have options to blog even without internet. All I need is phone service and I can keep up with my blog!  I will do my best to give a daily trip report so please stay tuned!

****Update...this post is a repeat but I have now used Blogsy on the iPad for several trips. I have to give it my stamp of approval. It is fast and easy to use. So easy in fact that I chose to use the app over my computer to do my last post!  I like the way the posts are formatted the same as they are with Blogger,  I would highly recommend giving Blogsy a try!




my own homemade support on gatorfoam 
Today's painting: Getting ready for Cape May County....this sunset is from a Stan Sperlak workshop a few years ago. It is a view as we drove back into Cape May after a day of painting. The painting is on gatorfoam with a pumice surface.

1 comment:

robertsloan2art said...

Cool app! I'm tempted to get it if I start going out more often, the iPhone one because I don't have an iPad.

I love the painting! I'm also stunned at its size - the very tiny strokes you used for the distant lights, this is utterly gorgeous and delicate. That took a precise hand getting those tiny touches! It looked like a larger painting and it is so compelling! Perfect atmosphere!