Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Painting at the Beach...Day 3 Florida

'Morning at the Beach'. 5 x7. Pastel

I had to see the ocean. I couldn't come to Florida without going to the beach. Sometimes when you live near the ocean you take it for granted. You don't always take time to slow down and just sit at he beach and watch the ocean. I grew up in South Florida and during the summers we went to the beach every day. (We really did!) I actually became tired of the beach! But having lived for 27 years in landlocked Atlanta I need a beach fix every once in awhile .

So we got up early this morning and headed to Deerfield Beach just after sunrise. It was warm and breezy. It was a beautiful morning.

 

I found a bench so I could set up to paint. Here are a few pictures to give you an idea how I am using my pastel kit.

 

 

No comments: