Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Friday, May 09, 2014

A Peek at my Article in Pastel Journal

'Down in the Meadow'            9x12           pastel  
purchase painting $165
 Finding your truth is a wonderful thing. Being recognized and having a chance to share it is even better. I am very honored to be able to share my wildflower paintings and my thoughts on painting them in this month's Pastel Journal magazine.  I just got my copy in the mail and I am on cloud 9!  Here is a quote from the article about the painting above 'Down in the Meadow'
"Down in the Meadow was inspired by a roadside spot in the North Carolina mountains located on a busy road surrounded by buildings, "Margulis says. "I found that id I crouched low and looked up I could avoid the visual clutter, transforming the scene into a more intimate landscape"

My painting 'Summer Reprise' made the cover!


I hope you will enjoy your copy of the magazine which is filled with great articles.  I share my feature with two great artists, Donna Biggee and Joel Spector.  My friend and fantastic artist Barbara Jaenicke has a great skill builder article in the issue. If you are not a subscriber you can purchase a copy online in the Northlight Shop HERE

'Summer Joy'         5x7       pastel       $50

I have made a digital downloadable demo available in pdf format on one of the techniques I use to paint daisies in a meadow.  I welcome you to have a look in my Etsy shop for more information.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Karen. I am so thrilled for you. Can't wait to see the article.

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen, i was so excited too - for you and for all of us out here trying to figure out how to paint our truth....the articles are fabulous, i love getting this article digitally, but kinda miss the tactic element of having a magazine on the kitchen table! oh well, it saves on the eventual clutter eh!

cheers, and once again, huge congratulations!

Linda

Lora said...

Congratulations! I just got my magazine yesterday and your work looks amazing!

jytte said...

Congratulatoin. I am very fond of your bog and I like your paintings very much :o)