Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Trip Report...Lake Tahoe Workshop

'Last Light'. 5x7. Plein air pastel. Karen Margulis

It's been an amazing experience so far and I've only been here a day. I was invited to Lake Tahoe to a private pastel workshop to a group of six friends. I didn't really know what to expect since everything was planned through emails but I have enjoyed every minute.

Our painting location at the beautiful home of one of the artist's is perfect. The view of the mountains is breathtaking. I couldn't wait to paint the view but it had to wait until the end of the first day. The group is mostly beginners so I began today with a basic pastel introduction. We covered a lot of material and everyone did some great paintings....some were their very first pastels! It was so much fun to see everyone excited about pastels!

Here is the view of my set up and our view! What a way to spend a day.

 

At the end of the day after we had finished cleaning up I decided to get a quick Plein air painting in. The light was fading quickly so I had to work fast. It felt great to paint the mountain that teased me all day! We have 2 more days and I look forward to getting out and exploring the area although this is the kind of view I could paint all week!

 

No comments: