|'Caribbean Blues' 8x10 pastel ©Karen Margulis|
"Do today what you plan to do tomorrow" This was the sage advice given to my husband Michael and me while on our honeymoon. I've taken that advice to heart and live life to the fullest.But there is something that I have been thinking about for awhile yet not acted on..... planning an Art Cruise where I could combine a painting workshop with a relaxing cruise to beautiful Caribbean Islands.
What is special about an Art Cruise?
- Visit four wonderful islands in the Eastern Caribbean. This itinerary includes some of my favorite ports of call: St. Thomas USVI, St. Maarten NA, Antigua and Amber Cove, Dominican Republic. This itinerary also has three sea days.
- Learn the practice of 'Plein Air Lite'... how to simplify our supplies and painting process. We will learn how to paint with less and experience more.
- Discover the art of the sketchbook. The ship and the islands provide perfect material for our travel sketch journals. We will keep a multimedia sketch journal in this workshop cruise.
- Explore the ports of call with your camera on photo safaris. Discover how to get the best shots with any camera. Learn how to see better and make better use of your photos for painting references.
- Discover the wonderful world of painting small and give 'Lounge Chair Painting' a try. Learn tips and tricks for keeping things simple.
- Learn pastel painting techniques and tips for painting the tropical scenery through my demonstrations, instruction and hands-on help. Clouds, skies, water, sand, tropical flora, colorful buildings and adding figures to a landscape will all be covered.
- Meet new friends who share the same Art Spirit as you. Share your passion with other like minded artists.
- Slow down. Relax. Spoil yourself. Let the warm sunshine and gentle tropical breezes release the paintings that are waiting to come out!
What: Cruise and workshop on the Carnival Breeze leaving from Miami, Florida
When: February 27 - March 6, 2016 (Saturday - Sunday)
Cost: Workshop fee is $350 and includes instruction, demonstrations, hands-on help, one painting shore excursion.
Cruise fare: Inside cabins start out at $817.90 per person double occupancy total cost with all taxes and fees.Outside cabins start out at $957.90 per person total cost with all taxes and fees.
balcony cabins start out at $1267.90 per person total cost with all taxes and fees.
Not included: Transportation to and from Miami. Transfer to and from ship from airport, gratuities for ship crew, optional shore excursions and incidentals.
How: Workshop fee is payable to me by check or Paypal. $100 deposit will secure your spot.
Cruise cabin reservations are made with my travel agent Dick Gothner of Skyscraper Tours.
I have worked with Dick for over 10 years and he is the best! He will work with you to make
sure you get the cabin that best suits your needs.
**Non artist friends/spouses are welcome to join for no workshop fee**
Contact me for more information or to register email@example.com
If you've been following my blog then you know I love cruising and painting while cruising. I've been on 25 cruises to date! It is one of my favorite way to vacation. A cruise is the perfect place to make art and practice the art of relaxation!
Read more details on my workshop blog! Click here