Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Painting Minis on a Blustery Day

It's Mini Week! I will be sharing some older posts about painting mini pastels while in Chicago visiting my grandbaby Greta. Today we went to the Nature Museum and played hard. She took a long nap so I decided to take out my pastels and paint some new minis. I always take my precut mini papers and some pastels with me no matter where I travel. They don't take up much space so I always have some supplies if I get the time to paint.

It was a cold and blustery day in Chicago. We weren't the only ones with the idea to go to the museum so parking was a challenge. We found a spot but had a bit of a walk through the park. It was fine with me because I was thrilled with the mood and colors of the day. I took a few pictures as we hurried through the park. They were the inspiration for the 6 minis I painted.

 

I didn't have my usual travel pastel box with me this time. Since I was coming from my workshop in Nebraska I had only my demo pastels with me. They consisted of a couple of small boxes of pastels preselected for my demo paintings. I was very limited but the colors worked perfectly for my blustery day paintings.

There is a prairie garden next to the nature museum. I love seeing it in the fall season. The colors and textures of the dried grasses are wonderful and I love to paint them! These are the kind of scenes that make my heart sing!

All paintings in today's post are 2.5 x 3.5 inches and are available for $35 each.

 

No comments: