2018 Workshop Details Coming Soon! click here
Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Master Color with These Must Have Books


'Where Poppies Grow'           8x10         pastel         ©Karen Margulis
available $225
 I could not have asked for better news. The day that Nita Leland asked me to be a part of her newly updated book  Exploring Color was a dream come true. I have been such a fan of her books. They have truly been the key to helping this self-taught artist understand color. Whenever I had a color question these books have been my go-to resource. Whenever I felt like I was in a color rut I would open up one of the books and be filled with inspiration and ideas. I always recommended her books to my students. They are easy to understand and beautifully illustrated.

So when Nita asked if I would do a demo for the 30th anniversary edition of Exploring Color I was beyond excited. It was such a pleasure working with Nita on my part of the book. And now months later it is available! I immediately ordered a special package deal from Northlight which includes the new book Exploring Color, Confident Color and Nita's own Color Scheme Selector. I just checked and the kit is out of stock (8/25/16) but the books are available.

Visit Nita Leland's website


I just received the package and I can't wait to dive into it and read this new edition. Of course the color wheel/color scheme selector intrigues me and I can't wait to try it out. I will be sharing my discoveries here on the blog.

If you are looking for a comprehensive and practical book about color be sure to order Nita's books. I will be writing a more detailed review of the new book and color scheme selector soon but I wanted to share the news with you!


My demo spread in Exploring Color




This is step one of the demo. See all steps in the book!

No comments: