Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Monday, January 02, 2017

Start 2017 Right with this Inspiring Quote

'Winter Wonderland II'         10 x 10       pastel       ©Karen Margulis
available $165
I glanced at the wall over my desk. It was still there. A reminder from several years ago. The year I took the plunge and decided to become a full-time artist. It could have been a scary time but I had no doubt that I would make it work and fulfill my dreams of creating art, sharing and traveling the world! (I just didn't know how that would happen)  It was that piece of paper taped to the wall that spurred me on and kept me going. The paper with a quote.

Do or Do Not. There is no Try.    Yoda

It is quite simple but powerful. To me it meant that I needed to jump in and DO it. Not try to do it and see what happens. But to do it with conviction and confidence. It inspired me to work hard. To paint and blog every single day. Good things happened and continue to happen as I continue to follow those dreams.

The simple quote from Yoda of Star Wars fame was a strong influence on me. I leave the paper on the wall to remind me. Whatever I want to tackle I need to remember to just Do it. Start the year off with this quote in mind and see what happens!

1 comment:

Svenja said...

Hi Karen!
For this new year you got a new follower on your blog! A friend made me aware of your art and your blog, and I really enjoyed watching and also reading your latest comments!
Not only your way of painting and your subjects and themes fascinate me, but also your thoughts and the emotions you put into your paintings and share with your readers! I am really looking forward to reading more here and following you! Your blog seems to be a great source of inspiration and your enthusiasm, your tips and tricks are really insiring to me! Thanks for sharing and a very happy and creative new year!
Best wishes from Germany, Svenja