Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Sunday Studio Live Demo: Painting a Marsh and Playing with Color Schemes

'Changes'           12x18       pastel        ©Karen Margulis
available $165
I finally had a chance to do another Facebook Live demo painting. I had fun sharing my Color Recipe Worksheet and trying a Tertiary Triad color scheme. I put the unedited video on my Youtube channel so you can watch at your leisure.

Watch this painting from start to finish on Youtube. Click here for the link.

Here are a few photos of my planning steps before the painting. I explain all about them in the video.

The worksheet in action

testing the colors to see how I would use them

My palette.....Tertiary Triad of red-violet, yellow-orange and blue-green
Please share the video if you like it! And if you haven't tried the Color Recipe Worksheet here is the link. It is a 99 cent download. click here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know I'm very much "stuck" in my favorite colors. Can't wait to try this method. Thanks! Also, enjoyed your tutorial. I always feel like I'm visiting with a friend when you share with us via video.

robertsloan2art said...

Beautiful demo! I love a tertiary triad, that you used a blue-green for the sky and water was perfect. Elegant color scheme.