Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Step by Step Poppy Demo


'A Gentle Breeze'         8x10         pastel      ©Karen Margulis
sold
Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words.  Join me today for a step by step demo in pictures of today's daily painting. I am working on an 8x10 piece of tan Canson Mi-Teintes paper. I begin with a dry wash underpainting using 3 values of pink. I establish the dark shapes first. I then paint the sky. I continue building the painting from big shapes of green down to the details of the flowers and grasses. I spray the grass a few times with workable fixative to create texture.

I thoroughly enjoyed painting these poppies and I hope you enjoy the process through my photos.
















1 comment:

Jayne said...

Lovely poppies! It was very interesting to see the progression through the photos.