Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

A Great Tool for Drawing: Holiday Wish List Item



'Sparkle'       7x11           pastel        ©Karen Margulis
available $125        
Everyone who sees me use it asks me about it. I love mine! If you are looking for a fun tool for drawing look no further. This wooden lead holder by Cretacolor is so much fun to use. I love using it to do my initial drawing when starting a painting. It is also great for doing thumbnails.

It is called Cretacolor Ecologic Wooden Lead Holder. It is available on Blicks.com for $9.98. Here is the link: https://www.dickblick.com/products/cretacolor-ecologic-wooden-lead-holder/ 
Why I Like It
  • It has a nice feel, solid and heavy. I like the thickness of the holder better than a thin pencil.
  • No sharpening needed. The lead is easily replaced and pushing on the end of the holder will release more lead until it is gone!
  • You can use graphiteor charcoal lead replacements. I love the graphite which is quite soft and dark.
  • Great for travel. It is a multipurpose tool. I bring it on painting trips and use it in my sketchbooks as well as for thumbnails and starting a painting.

On Patreon Today: See my quick video of this lead holder in use. www.patreon.com/karenmargulis



1 comment:

robertsloan2art said...

That looks really cool. I have some Cretacolor leads that I got in a travel set with a plastic holder, but the wooden holder's really nicer. Very cool. I like the original one, but this is beautiful. Love lead holders, they are easy to refill and handy and clean.