Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, October 07, 2018

I Painted my Largest Paintings Ever!

My largest pastel paintings ever! Each one 36x60
 It was the best kind of commission. Paint something HUGE and ship it unframed. The fun of painting large without the worry of framing and shipping big framed paintings. And even better I was given the freedom to create paintings based on one of my smaller works without a lot of restrictions. The paintings needed to be compatible but not one big continuous scene.

The scene that was selected was actually one of my paintings from my trip to Ireland. So I pulled out my photos from Ireland for inspiration. Once the small studies were approved I got to work. I had already cut and taped the paper to my large foam core boards so they were ready to go. See my post on the other paintings in this commission for details on my supplies. http://kemstudios.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-largest-pastel-paintings-ever-tips.html

In the studio working hard!
 Enjoy the photos of the paintings. They were all so much fun to paint and everyday I was thankful to have a big studio with lots of spare easels!

A closer look at painting #1


Here is painting #2


Here is Jennifer to give you a sense of the scale.



closeup details


1 comment:

Donna Brooks said...

Wow Karen! Just beautiful! I am so happy for you. You continue to amaze me with your ever evolving, beautiful work!