Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, December 16, 2018

New Video! Have a Sneak Peek!

'Beauty on the Coast'.             9x12.          pastel.       ©Karen Margulis
available in my Etsy shop.    $150

This painting was a struggle! I was painting the tree for a Patreon video so once I started I didn't want to stop. I thought it would be easy to just adjust things as I painted. It wasn't that easy! There are two important lessons here...... 1. Always start with a plan and make sure your initial drawing or placement of shapes is correct. 2. Don't give up and don't make the painting precious. A painting rarely comes together perfectly without some kind of struggle. Sometimes art videos make it seem like there is never a struggle but the struggle is real.

In this video I work through the problem of a poorly placed tree and bad trunk. This is one of my weekly video demos that I share on my Patreon Page. I want to share the video here with my blog readers because it has such valuable lessons. Click on the link below to see the video on YouTube. 




Click link to view video on Youtube https://youtu.be/P_mAAr1MTOs
Please be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and check out the Patreon Page. I appreciate your support of my online instruction. Your support allows me to continue to create great content!

No comments: