Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Tuesday, January 01, 2019

Resources to Help You Become a Better Artist


'Simplicity'                 8x10                pastel                ©Karen Margulis
sold

The studio is organized. My pastels are clean and waiting for the first painting of the year. As soon as the holiday decorations are put away I will paint. I am excited for the New Year. I want to push myself and grow as an artist. I want to discover new ways of expressing my passion. I want to study the basics and find new ways to share what I learn. The possibilities are open. NOW is the time!

I always start the year excited about my art and what I wish to accomplish....establishing better art habits always tops the list. We are so fortunate in this digital age to have so many wonderful resources to help us meet our Art Goals.  One of the things I like to do is begin my morning browsing my favorite art blogs. My new found resource is listening to art podcasts while in the studio. I am always trying to fill my mind with art. Here are a few of my favorite resources.

  • Outdoor Painter Plein Air Podcastshttps://www.outdoorpainter.com/podcast/ Not only for plein air enthusiasts! The podcasts are by Plein Air Magazine publisher Eric Rhoads who interviews artists on a wide variety of topics!
  • My Patreon Page:  www.patreon.com/karenmargulis  Here is a shameless plug for my own art instruction resource. I am often asked about online pastel instruction and this is my offering. The Patreon platform allow me to easily share videos, handouts, lessons and much more including an integrated community page. You will find information to help you no matter what your medium. It is just $4 a month for this resource. I post new content at least 5 days each week and the best part is that you have access to ALL of the past topics. It is a vast archive of resources. (more detailed than my blog posts) To give you an idea here is the index of topics we covered on 2018. If you join, not only will you get all of the new content , you can access all of the past instruction! Give it a try! You can cancel at any time. No obligation at all!





I am looking forward to a great year of painting and sharing with you! Thank you for being a blog reader. I wish you a joyful year!

No comments: