Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Video Demo Fix it or Trash it? How to Recycle a BAD Painting

'A Summer in Ireland'            13x18            pastel              ©Karen Margulis
available on Esty. Click here for details.
 It was close. I almost threw away a painting. I never throw them away. Even the bad ones. I recycle them. But this one was giving me fits and I couldn't bear to work on it any more. So I put is aside for a few weeks. But then I needed a candidate for a new series on my YouTube and Patreon channels.....Fix it or Trash it?  This painting was perfect.....perfectly BAD.  You can see what I did to recycle the paper in my new video. Click the link below to watch.





Here is one of the main points I make in the video: It is not always what you add to a painting that fixes it but instead what you take away!





Expanded commentary on this video coming soon on Patreon. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

RoK said...

Another great demo. Not only how to save paper, but how you create such amazing paintings from an nice but bland photo!