Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Have You Tried Daler Rowney Murano Paper?

'Summer Greens'               13x19                   pastel               ©Karen Margulis
available $195
 I bought the paper for the SE Asia cruise that never happened. I was planning to introduce the guests to pastel and wanted an inexpensive but quality paper to supplement the sanded papers.  I had never tried Daler Rowney Murano paper but the price was right. I selected a dark gray. I decided to try it this month since I now have a stash of Murano paper. Guess what.....I liked it! Then again I like unsanded papers.

The paper has a definite texture and no real 'smooth' side. I liked how the texture created a canvas like weave feeling in my painting. I know that many artists don't like the texture of Canson mi-teintes and this paper is similar.


  • The paper is budget friendly. $3.25 for a 19x15" sheet 
  • It comes in a variety of colors....35 colors!
  • It is a decent weight at 98 lbs
  • The texture is interesting!


I reviewed this paper in a video and did a two part demo of this Ireland painting over on my Patreon Page. Consider joining us! This month we are adding people (and cows) to our landscapes! 



Demo in progress!

No comments: