Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Friday, December 04, 2020

New YouTube Video Release! How to Paint a Moody Winter Landscape



          'Winter in the Park'                 9x12                pastel              ©Karen Margulis          sold

This is one of my favorite winter paintings. I painted it last year for my Patreon group. I am now releasing it to my YouTube channel!  It is a 9x12 pastel painting on Uart Dark sanded pastel paper. I used a variety of pastels including the Blue Earth Nomad set which has wonderful moody neutral colors.  Click on the link to see the video. Be sure to give it a thumbs up or make a comment and I would love for you to subscribe to my channel!

                                                https://youtu.be/l7UpaxYQid8               

 Below is a photo of my demo board. I had done a small study before painting the demo. 



Here is a photo of the painting at the end of the video. I did spend a few minuted after the video stopped to add some finishing details. Look at the finished version to see what details I added. 






1 comment:

MYSTELIOS said...

Very wonderful with the spirit of Christmas painting !!!