Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Monday, April 26, 2021

Time for Another Box of Terry Ludwig Pastels!

    'Step into Summer'                   9x12             pastel             ©Karen Margulis        available $265


It has been two years since I curated a set of pastels for Terry Ludwig Pastels. The set was released in the summer but I spent the spring choosing and testing the set to make sure it was comprehensive and versatile. It is called the Floral Landscape set but I have since used the set with success on many subjects. It truly is an all purpose set of pastels!   

This month we are focusing on painting wildflowers in the landscape over in my Patreon group. I used the Floral Landscape set for my most recent step by step demo. This is one of my favorite scenes. It doesn't exist anymore. Years ago the highway median near my family in North Carolina was covered in wildflowers every summer. Now it is just grass. I am happy that I have photos and memories and can create paintings that bring back the memories! 

Here is a chart that shows the simple steps I take to paint a meadow filled with wildflowers. Below that I am sharing photos of the Floral Landscape set. The poster shows you the reasoning behind my choices!






 IMPORTANT LINKS:

If you would like to see more details of the Terry Ludwig pastel set click here:

https://terryludwig.com/collections/frontpage/products/60-floral-landscapes-karen-margulis


Have you joined my Patreon group? It is just $4 a month for a complete and ongoing pastel and painting course!  www.patreon.com/karenmargulis


Advance Notice: If you subscribe to this blog please note that the Feedburner subscription service will end in July! I am working on my new website which will include a new blog as well as links to this one. You can visit the website now and sign up for RSS blog notification and my new newsletter. The website will not have email notification ability but I will be sending out biweekly newsletters with the blog post links. More details coming soon. 

www.karenmargulis.com

No comments: