Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Painting a Muskie


I just finished an interesting commission. I was asked to paint a Muskie fish. My client sent me a couple of photos of her husband with his big catch...but she wanted just the fish. Maybe jumping out of the water or swimming underwater. Well I had never even heard of Muskies (they are big sport up north!) So I had to do some research. I loved the background of the photo she sent, but the fish was ....well the fish was dead and grey! So I took some artistic license and brought the fish back to life and had him jumping out of the water. It's 8x10 on Wallis paper. She is happy with it and it was fun for me to paint!

3 comments:

C Neidhofer Art said...

Muskies are a big deal out here in Colorado too!! I've seen a couple of big ones caught, and they were just babies! I and my boyfriend are an avid fisher couple during the summer. Unfortunately, neither one of us has been lucky enough to catch a big'n like this!!You nailed this one. Great job on this and I admire all your work.

Christine

Anonymous said...

great painting....you have such a special talent...not everyone can make a smelly fish look beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Nicely done! Your pastels are amazing! I love your beach scenes.