Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tiki Hut in the Bahamas

'Morning Shadows' 9x12 pastel

How do you choose what to paint first from 1800 reference photos??? So many choices so I just dove in and did this one of the tiki hut on Half Moon Cay in the Bahamas. I have some requests for tiki huts and palm trees so I will probably try a few more this week.

I am changing gears though for a bit while I work on the itinerary for our summer family vacation. We are headed to Colorado and New Mexico and I have one more place to find lodging. I would love to go to a dude ranch but they are very expensive. I am looking for an alternative. Planning another trip is a good way to fight post cruise withdrawal! Hopefully my art friends and I will do something in the spring to break up the time between now and the summer trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Welcome Back Karen- I look forward to seeing more of your trip!

Nan