Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Delicate Arch

'Delicate Arch' 5x7 pastel
I had a request for a painting of Delicate Arch in Arches National Park. I was only more than happy to paint it. I went through my photos from last summer's vacation and found one of the arch in the late afternoon light with the snow covered LaSal Mountains in the distance. I remember well the 3 mile hike to see Delicate Arch...the last bit along the cliff....it was all worth the effort!

2 comments:

JudyMackeyart said...

I just returned from a driving trip from Texas thru Colorado, Utah, Southern California and then back home to Texas again. Arches was one of the parks we visited. You've captured it. I didn't visit this particular arch but the colors were awesome and seeing your painting brings them to mind.
Judy

Karen said...

Thanks Judy! I love painting the colors of Caynon Country!

Karen