Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Thursday, June 08, 2017

IAPS Report Day One ... A Fun Discovery

 
I had an aha moment today and I am excited about my discovery! I am in Albuquerque for the IAPS convention and has some free time to explore and paint. My friends and I found some shade and settled into painting the hollyhocks. I had some toned paper and some white paper. The toned paper was perfect for the adobe walls.

 

The white paper would have been great for undepaintings but I didn't have any underpainting supplies in my extreme Plein Air kit. But then I had a thought ....what if I used a baby wipe to tub in pastel and tone my paper? Baby wipes would be kind of like an alcohol wash!
It worked great! It made a great adobe wall background for the white hollyhocks! 

It's been a fun day meeting so many old and new friends! Tomorrow the trade show opens and workshops and demos will be in full gear. Look for another report! 




2 comments:

KAS said...

Excellent discovery! Baby wipes sure do come in handy. Enjoy your IAPS time! I'll be looking forward to your reports!

Unknown said...

And I thought baby wipes were only for cleaning pastel-y fingers!