Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Monday, October 15, 2018

You ARE Ready!

'Autumn Joy'           9x12          pastel          ©Karen Margulis
available $155

If you love pastels please keep reading. Monday 10/15 at noon ET is the day to register for the ultimate inspirational experience for pastel artists of all levels....IAPS 13!




If you have attended the convention then you already know the many benefits.....great demos and workshops by the pastel rock stars, the candy store (pastel vendors), the fun and friendship of the artists, the beautiful location in New Mexico....I could go on. But if you have not yet attended the convention please consider coming in 2019.

It doesn't matter how new you are to pastels. You will be inspired!


The year I first began painting with pastels the IAPS convention was in North Carolina for the first time. An easy drive away. I could have attended but I didn't feel like I was 'ready'. I had only been painting for a few months. I thought it would all be way over my head. I know better now. There is something for everyone and everyone will welcome you and make you a part of the pastel family. I have now attended every other convention since (now as a part of the faculty) Every year I leave motivated and inspired.

Register and choose your classes and demos and start a special piggy bank labeled IAPS INSPIRATION. Save your pennies for the ultimate pastel inspirational experience!

This is the demo painting before I changed the tree colors
About today's painting: This is one of the demo paintings I did at my recent workshop in Pecos NM. It was the only demo that didn't go home with one of the artists so I decided it needed a little makeover. I thought the tress were too orange. It was easy to add more yellow and make them more like the cottonwood threes that they are supposed to be!

No comments: