Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Monday, November 19, 2018

Do You Have an Art Tribe?


'Savoring Sunset's Glow'         11x14       pastel      ©Karen Margulis
sold


Being an artist connects me to other artists. This community of like minded people is a treasure. One doesn't need to be a professional artist to benefit from being a part of the art community.

 It took me 42 years. But I found my tribe. Being a part of a community of artists is something I am very thankful for.  I am lucky to have family and friends who are not artists and they enrich my life tremendously. But no one else quite gets me like a fellow artist does. I have had this discussion with many of my artist friends. We all agree that often we are the oddballs in our family. Who else gets excited by the way the late afternoon light makes even a garbage can beautiful?  Who else understands the pleasure in spending hours looking at art supplies?  I could go on......

My artists friends get it.  It is an exclusive club but one that is very welcoming. I have met some of the most wonderful friends through my involvement with pastels. They inspire me. They motivate me. They make me laugh. From beginners to professional artists....we all get it.   I am privileged to be able to learn from the best artists and in turn to share with others.  I am grateful for this blogging platform and social media that allows me to connect with artists around the world. 

So a special thank you to all of my artist friends....from my VIPS, my Art Spirit Friends, my wonderful teachers (you all know who you are)  to the friends around the world that I have met and thoseI have yet to meet in person....Thank you for sharing this journey with me.  I am proud to be a fellow artist and friend!


Check out this quick video from the IAPS Vice President Christine Ivers. She is talking about the benefits of the IAPS convention which is a great way to meet your pastel tribe!



1 comment:

Vanessa said...

I always feel so inspired and fulfilled when I attend IAPS.I agree, that there is something magical that happens when people with a similar passion come together. We fuel each other's fire! Having said that it's important we find that tribe that nearby and available, I haven't done that as much as I should, probably the natural introvert in me but I definitely understand what you mean Karen.