Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Friday, June 28, 2019

How I Curated a Pastel Set for Terry Ludwig Pastels

'Summer Days'               8x10              pastel             ©Karen Margulis
available $165

I got the call from Terry Ludwig Pastels a year ago. I was surprised and curious and quickly returned the call. It was exciting news. Geoff Ludwig wanted me to put together a set of 60 pastels for a new set. It was to be a set that would give artists the pastels needed to paint landscape with flowers of all kinds. I was thrilled and a little daunted. Where would I begin? How would I narrow down my choices to 60 sticks?

It was a process and I worked on narrowing down my choices over the fall and winter months. By early spring I had made my final selections and I was using the set for my spring workshops. I made a video explain the steps I took to make my selections. Click on the link below to see the video. 

It was such an honor and pleasure to work with everyone at Terry Ludwig Pastels. So much love and care go into every pastel they make. Not only are the pastels wonderful to use  (The BEST) it is wonderful to know that we support a family business who's care and support of the pastel medium is so evident!







Head over to Terry Ludwig Pastels to have a closer look at the set. It is available at an introductory price until June 30, 2019

1 comment:

Theresa C said...

Congratulations Karen! You deserve this wonderful honour. Your hard work as an artist and
your special gift to pass on your love of pastel painting to others is reflected in your thoughtful
choices. Can’t wait to get them!