Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Have You Seen My Painting in Pastel Journal this Month!?

'When Evening Falls'              16x20                 pastel           ©Karen Margulis
available $375
 It was a dream come true! When I was new to pastels I studied each issue of the Pastel Journal inside and out. I learned so much by reading the articles and studying the paintings. I was in awe of those artists and their work with pastels. I wanted to paint like they did! Never in a million years would I think that I would have a painting in and Pastel Journal article!

A few years ago it became a reality when one of my wildflower paintings made the cover! It was such an honor! (I have that issue framed)  I am proud to say that I have another painting in Pastel Journal. I am in such amazing company in the article about nocturnes in this month's issue.  Thank you very much to Anne Hevener for her wonderful article. I had so much fun painting my favorite subject at night!

I plan to do more nocturnes and it will be one of our Patreon topics in 2020!! Stay tuned and be sure to get a copy of this month's Pastel Journal or subscribe if you haven't already!









2 comments:

Lynnette Brown said...

YES! It's beautiful!!! I enjoyed the ideas for painting nocturne scenes and look forward to doing some!!
Congratulations on the article!!
Lynnette Brown

KAS said...

Congratulations! It is an awesome article. I have never painted a nocturne before but definitely was inspired by the beautiful pastel paintings in Art After Dark including yours!