Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Thursday, April 23, 2020

Artists are Supporting Artists! #artistssupportpledge

'Enter the Fairy Forest'                    8x10               pastel                ©Karen Margulis
available $165
I took the pledge. I saw a fun project going around on Instagram and I thought it was a great idea. The idea is that artists pledge to offer original art priced at $200 or less. Once they sell $1000 in art they pledge to purchase a painting from another artist. If you are an artist you can participate by sharing your work online on Facebook or Instagram and use the hashtag #artistssupportpledge

If you are looking for some wonderful and affordable original art search for the hashtag #artistssupportpledge on Instagram or Facebook and you will be able to see art posted by artists that meets the under $200 criteria. It is a win-win for everyone!

I will be creating an 8x10 painting every day as part of this project. Paintings will all be under $200 including shipping. They will be available in my Etsy shop. www.etsy.com/shop/karenmargulisfineart

About this painting: This painting is 8x10 on tan Pastelmat sanded paper. I used a variety of pastels including Terry Ludwig and the Unison Albert Handell Summer set. The original reference was a photo I took in Finland several years ago when I had the pleasure of doing a workshop in Vaasa, Finland.


Aren't these wonderful! 


 From my blog archives:  I took out my notes from the Albert Handell workshop. I use a new notebook for every workshop and keep them all together on a shelf.  I had written down several of Albert's pearls of wisdom and this set of pastels will really be helpful for painting the greens. Here are a couple of 'pearls'
  •  The trick to greens is balancing them with Mauves (purples)
  • Modify your greens with mauves
  • If you want to soften a green and make it go away....then use a mauve.
  • "Whenever I think Green...I think Mauve"

No comments: