Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Tuesday, December 07, 2021

How to Paint Lights that Actually Glow! New Youtube Demo




         'Zoo Lights'                     8x10              pastel             ©Karen Margulis      available on Etsy  $265

There is something magical about lights in a nocturne painting. The warm colors of the lights against the cool blues of the sky are captivating. But how can we paint lights that look like they are actually glowing. In this demo I will paint a nocturne with some holiday lights and I will share tips for helping the lights to look like they are turned on. We will turn on the lights in just a few simple steps! Enjoy the demo and join me in my Patreon group for an expanded lesson! SUPPLY LIST 1. LuxArchival sanded paper 8x10 2. Liquitex Clear Gesso tinted with Daler Rowney acrylic inks 3. Terry Ludwig Pastels with a few Diane Townsend soft form pastels. 4. Bamboo skewer for creating texture 5. Blair Very Low Odor workable fixative


Click on the link below to watch the video!

                            https://youtu.be/NvYLHGZd4lU           





 
Here are a few of the pastels I used for the demo. I began with duller more neutral reds and oranges and finished with much more intense color!



Join us on Patreon for more painting instruction!

No comments: