Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Saturday, October 17, 2020

Using Art Graf for Autumn Landscape Paintings

     'Autumn by the Pond'              8x10             pastel         ©Karen Margulis     available $175


I am on a roll with my fall landscape series. I decided to pull out my primary color Art Graf pigment blocks and they have been perfect for these autumn landscapes. They gave me a vibrant start which I can use for both sunny days and moody misty days. It is easy to subdue the vibrant colors with pastel layers if needed. 

Below is a photo of the underpainting. I applied the Art Graf and wet it with a brush and water. I find that water makes them more intense than alcohol! I did draw into the wet underpainting with a hard pastel to place the tree trunks. 

DID YOU KNOW THIS BLOG IS SEARCHABLE? 
If you are intrigued by these Art Graf squares you can find more information here on my blog. I have written several posts and shared demos using Art Graf. Go directly to the blog www.karenmargulis.com and look for the search box on the right. Search for Art Graf to show all of the related posts!



 

This month on Patreon we are focused on painting atmospheric conditions such as fog, mist and rain. Join us for the fun! www.patreon.com/karenmargulis

No comments: