Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Houseboat Revisited


I just wanted to share some of the good things that have been happening lately. The houseboat painting was my first commission back in July. I was painting on our houseboat on Lake Hiwassee when the owner of this red boat asked if I would consider painting it. I did and they were very pleased. The update is that my Dad was doing some work for them at their new cabin and saw it framed and hanging in their home. They spent $$ framing it and are thrilled with how it all turned out. I love a happy ending! Another good thing happened as a result of my recent car posting on the blog. I had someone contact me who is interested in a car painting! That's so funny because I did the car painting because Jayne and Sherry were doing an old car and I wanted to join in...and I had the photo in my pile of reference pictures. Now it might lead to something good! And finally...my sister called me yesterday after visiting the Sanctuary...the new development near my parents home in North Carolina....seems my Dad got to talking to the developer and told him I was up taking photos of the property for paintings....well....he wants to see the paintings when I do them!!! Maybe I can do an exhibit there someday! Who knows! But now I need to get painting!

No comments: