Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Back from the High Seas


I am back from our cruise on the Caribbean Princess and yes, it was the high seas! The first 48 hours we were non stop rocking and rolling with 12-15 foot seas and 50 mph winds! Many passengers were seasick. Luckily I wasn't one of them but my plans for painting on the balcony were changed. I tried to paint in the room but it was hard to concentrate without feeling the motion even more. Finally on the last day at sea the weather cooperated and I was able to paint on the balcony...see the picture. We did have nice weather for our ports. We had wonderful tours on St Thomas and St. Maarten and I managed to take 700 photos. I did paint 6 paintings and I will post them as soon as I can. The painting above is of Sapphire Beach in St. Thomas...well actually it is the cove just over from Sapphire. The beach at sapphire was crowded so I took my camera and walked around the bend and found this gorgeous deserted stretch of beach. I plan to do more paintings of this perfect tropical paradise.

No comments: