Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Friday, December 02, 2005

Time to Paint!



I can't believe a week has flown by and I just now have something to post! It's been a hectic week with no time to play! Well actually Jayne and I did get together one evening to divide up the set of pastels we bought....that is a whole other story! We were somewhat disappointed with our purchase. We got the Great American Richard McDaniel set because I like the GA's and we both liked the colors he uses. Well the set arrived and almost half the colors had been substituted with other colors. If that wasn't bad enough, when we broke them in half to split them...many of them shattered. I never had this problem with this brand before. In this set some were the old rounded shape and some were square. We wonder if they are changing their line somehow. We are going to contact the company and see what's up. Neither of us was happy with our practice painting...although I used them in this painting that I am posting and they were fine...so we shall see.

This painting is of Cape Cod National Seashore. I came across the photo in one of my old picture frames...from one of our summer trips. I love the Cape Cod area and I'm thinking about planning a trip there for next September.

No comments: