Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, November 27, 2005

A Quick Tiny One

'Island Beach Day'
I spent the last few days cleaning and organizing my studio. It's amazing how quickly it gets cluttered. I organized my spare pastels and made room for my new Great American set that Jayne and I treated ourselves to. They should be coming any day now! I also organized all the frames I've been collecting and framed some paintings just for fun. Finally I was able to take out the pastels and paint! To warm up I did this quick little one.....it is 4 x 6 on Wallis and I spent about 30 minutes on it. I believe it is Mullet Bay Beach in St. Maarten. I have to check the map. We took a wonderful tour with Joyce Prince and she showed us the whole island! She told us that this was her favorite beach. I put it in a little gold frame and I think I will send it to her. She didn't know what pastels were (thought it meant light colors) so I think she might like to see what a pastel painting looks like.

No comments: