Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Friday, May 05, 2006

Georgia Outdoor Painters...Go Paint!

'Three Bales' 9 x 12

I was offered the wonderful opportunity to join a new plein air painting group, Georgia Outdoor Painters. We just had our first painting trip to Blue Ridge, Georgia and it was a great success. Nine of us met at Marsha Savage's cabin right on the Toccoa River. The food, the company and the painting was excellent!! Most of the group members are professional artists with much more experience than I have...but it was wonderful to be among a group of people who love to paint all day like I do! I did four paintings even though we dodged rain showers. At the end of the day, we all spread out our paintings and it was amazing! We must have had 50 paintings between us...and they were all fantastic! The painting above was done on a local farm. I loved how the morning light was hitting these three bales of hay. I tried to remember what I just learned at Terry Ludwig's workshop about focal points and thumbnails. It was a great experience.


No comments: