Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Daily Pastel Painting...Cape May Beach

'Beach Ride' 12x16 pastel

I have a stack of references photos that I keep in my art bag and bring back and forth to my pastel class. They are a mix of photos from my travels over the past few years...just scenes that appeal to me. Last night I pulled this one out. I believe it is from a trip I took to Cape May a few years back...though it could be any beach town. I find I like to take pictures of bicycles but I don't like to paint them! I don't know if I'll be posting the next couple of days. It depends on how productive I am in the kitchen tonight!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW! This has to be my favorite of your beach scenes! It's beautifully done!

Debbie

Karen said...

Thanks Debbie! I have been wanting to paint this scene for awhile.
Karen