Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Daily Painting...Hibiscus Flower


I had a chance to finish the hibiscus painting. This one is just 5x7 but I am thinking that a hibiscus would make a wonderful large painting. My son Corey who is an art major has been after me to paint larger. We went to the art store last weekend and he convinced me to buy a huge piece of canson board. He is working with pastels now in his drawing class so I let him use some of my nicer pastels...the Terry Ludwigs, Great Americans, Schminkes....his teacher liked his project and wondered what kind of pastels he was using. He responded that he was using his mom's 'Fancy' pastels! I had to laugh at that one! Now I really need to work on my commissions so back to the easel!

No comments: