Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Daily Painting...Sunrise at the Beach

'Sunrise, Bird's-EyeView' 8x10 pastel
Imagine you were a gull flying over the dunes as the sun just peeks above the horizon. The air is still cool but the sun promises a beautiful blue sky day. This painting is my first try at painting a landscape on my favorite paper, LaCarte. I chose not to blend and I like how the texture and color of the paper becomes part of the painting. I will do more of these LaCarte landscapes!

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $125
Or, send me an email

3 comments:

Christopher King said...

Why thank you Karen I just forwarded this link to my girlfriend, an abstract painter in Boston!

Cheers to you.

-KingCast

Christopher King said...

Ha, and BTW she was born in Georgia :)

Rosie said...

i typed in 'sunrise paintings' on google image search and it brought up this painting. it's beautiful. i'm curious about your 'daily paintings'...do you start and finish your painting in the same day? if so, that's really inspiring. i'm trying to get going with painting once again after about 6 years of not doing too much with it. thanks for sharing your work!