Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Red-Winged Blackbird Nest

'Nest in Cattails' 5x7 pastel
I have been wanting to paint another nest but it was just a matter of deciding what kind and learning about what they look like. I chose a Red-Winged Blackbird's nest because I like them and I thought their eggs were beautiful. This painting is from my imagination after doing research about what kind of nest this bird builds. They like to build their nests in cattails, rushes and reeds near the water. They lay 3-4 eggs that are pale bluish green mottled with purple. To go along with the nest I have a painting of a male Red-wing perched on a cattail so check back later!

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $75 plus $5 s/h
Or, send me an email

1 comment:

Rhonda Hurwitz said...

you really did a great job. Love the composition and the colors