Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Thursday, April 26, 2007

First Plein Air of the Season

'The Secret Path' 9x12 pastel
At class Tuesday evening we had a chance to paint outside in the little park at the Smyrna Community Center. We didn't arrive until after 6:00 pm and the light was changing fast. I couldn't find anything that I wanted to paint either. But I am not one to give up. I set up in front of the pond hoping something would hit me and when I turned around to get my pastels out I saw this view. The trees were backlit by the setting sun and this little house was peeking out from the trees. I had my subject! It was a fun class and a great way to get in the frame for my plein air paintng trip this weekend!

3 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Karen, Are you sure you hadn't planned this ahead? Heh, heh. It is so beautiful. Have a great weekend painting.
Jo

Anonymous said...

Breathtaking!!! You did a wonderful job! It's lovely!
:)

bj said...

Beautiful work! I'd love to see it on the Southern Plein Air Painters site soon - if someone doesn't buy it first. Do have a great time in SC. bj